After lesson ended at 11, I met my mentor Avemos ;) Studied an hour odd before going for lunch with Rome~
He had to leave so I went ahead for bowling with Rome. Been awhile since we spent time out together. Cos of work attachment previously and tight schedules. We had a good time indeed, glad that he helped me spot my mistakes and learnt from there. I really like the pricing in the school, just 6 bucks for 3 games. Never find that anywhere else here!

Well the score was average and good in 1 for mine. (According to own standard) And his was nice consistency. Well you can see how it helped me in the 2nd game but back to basics in 3rd game :P
For those of you that followed my blog long enough, you will realise I have not posted a picture before XD
So hopefully this would be the first of many to come right? ;)
After that we went to library cos he didnt bring his keys :O
I wanted to study the health material for the next day but was too tired and slept while he used lappy. Woke up, did care group and headed towards Care group.
Bought the groceries for youth potluck amid usual calls to mother and brother to confirm the quantity of ingredients. Taught or rather coordinated Care group later in the evening and was pleasantly surprised to see that our discussion is improving though the numbers might not be. Since afterall I didn't do too much of the talking and its a good trend we're heading towards. Still everything to God in prayer while we do our part as well ^.^
Oh and we have a new seeker too, excellent! Though he didnt come this week due to work, he has joined us last week and for activities too whenever he was free such as our badminton social. Gotta get his gf to join us more too (:
Next day, in the morning received a pleasant surprise that I was going to play the piano. Haha I wonder if my playing gave me away that it was last min but still I just did what I could and that was to give my best.
I rushed to practice the songs before I left for church and practiced there before the service started. It went along albeit moderately i guess.
Then was last min preparation for the Bible/Health quiz. It was okay and spirits were high. Went there and did more last min revision as well. When it all got started we did well and had a good lead in the Bible section. We were actually feared by some or maybe well thought of as when they didnt know and could pass the question they all chose to pass to us! And a passing comment too that I shouldn't participate next year, talk about impact.
Next part would not sound so pleasing if you have high expectations. So you could skip the paragraph at ur jurisdiction. Basically there was a break before the health part and I believed many thought we would win. I was cautious though and knew the threat that the 2nd placed team at that time posed in that area which we were rather not so ready. I guess I dont really want to elaborate on the rest here, u can always give me a call and I'll be happy to tell you cos it just too lengthy for words and hard to explain.
So kudos to Maranatha for becoming champions! (: We made them have a run for their money as we wanted to and personally I believe I did my best there as well as all my team members but okay maybe not for preparation. I could have prepared more on Thurs and Fri afternoon instead of wasting it away and all the What ifs.. But that is history and what we do is to learn from it and to do better next time isnt it?
I'll like to end with a verse that I've learnt from the study of the book of Luke, its in Luke 11:27-28 "As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you. He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."
Indeed that is what I ought to do, to hear God's word and obey it. A simple but important lesson that at times one fails to follow. So when you're discouraged or weary just cling to this promise and you know that you are truly blessed though it may not be apparent at this time.
So until next time, Shalom.
No comments:
Post a Comment