Friday, April 3, 2009

Yong Siew Toh Conservatory piano concert

So much time has passed since i last blogged. Well okay was lacking of motivation to do so. About the church camp i just feel kinda lazy to blog about it. Anyway Frank has done a great job on his blog which u might like to check out if u have not already done so. Its quite a few weeks ago though.

On 24 March(Tuesday)
I rmb that i had to return my library books and that it was overdue by a day. So went to return them and had to pay a minimal fee of $0.15 per book per day. i returned them after i came back from going to a concert cos i had not read the finished. I left the house at around 6pm and headed towards Clementi. I bought some bread along the way for my dinner as I had left the house late. I could have reached the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory on time but since i was unfamiliar with the place i reached there about 15 min late. Well i should have had given myself more time to journey there since it was my first time going there. I missed the first 2 pieces and part of the 3rd piece. Cos it was being shown on a TV outside the concert hall what was going on at the piano. Oh ya, it was a fully piano concert which my piano teacher had recommended me to go. Its free admission to anyone except children under 6 as there are afraid they might make noise and disturb the listeners. Well the performers are the uni students and there are quite good. Worth watching. Well normally not even half the seats are filled so not to worry there are lots of empty seats. Its a first come first serve basis and free sitting. That day i went it was about a third filled. Cant really describe the pieces to u but i liked the feeling of listening to a live performance and not a recording cos the piano just sounds different. There is a different feeling to it which i enjoyed. Won't mind going there anytime soon. I'll try to blog up to date b4 poly starts and then it'll depend if my blog is alive or dead!

No comments: